Act Now to Help Us Fight Injustice
Here are a few things you can do.
- Donate. Fighting injustice is very expensive. You can make a donation to a specific defense fund or a tax-deductible donation to help the NCRJ with its operating costs.
- Apply to become an NCRJ volunteer.
- Host a fund-raising event. Bernard Baran supporters, for example, hosted garden and dinner parties to raise money for Baran’s defense. If you’d like to raise money for us or our cases, contact us and we will happily work with you.
- Correspond with a prisoner or a former prisoner. People who live this nightmare often feel completely isolated and despair that no one cares about them. Those still behind bars especially need regular messages of support from those of us outside the walls. If you would like to correspond with one of our prisoners, just email us and we will tell you how.
- Inform yourself. Our culture is permeated with misinformation, which creates the climate for false accusations and wrongful convictions. Both the news media and popular culture often promote myths and junk science. To learn and understand the facts, start with these articles and books.
- Once you are informed you can inform your friends,family members, and elected officials. You can challenge misinformation in the media. The Innocence Network offers these useful suggestions on working with the media, elected officials, and others.