By Debbie Nathan:
The Ritual Sex Abuse Hoax, by Debbie Nathan
Revisiting Country Walk, by Debbie Nathan
I’m Sorry. A McMartin accuser admits that he lied
First They Came for the Sex Offenders. Review of Roger Lancaster’s Sex Panic and the Carceral State, by Judith Levine
A Day Care Witchhunt Tests Justice in Massachusetts by Carol Tavris.
Picture of Injustice, by Harvey Silverglate. About the movie Capturing the Friedmans, .
NCRJ White Paper on the Jesse Friedman Case, Emily Horowitz and OTHER AUTHOR
The Passion of Father Paul Shanley, by JoAnn Wypijewski“Repressed Memory”
Read our letter to the California Supreme Court.
Dr. Richard McNally’s letter to that Court.
Memories Improbable: “Recovered Memories” in Perspective by Dr. Travis Gee. (1995: Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada) PhD comprehensive examination paper. Archival or distribution of this document must be approved by Dr. Gee. Email requests to the NCRJ. (PDF format, 713k)
“Shaken Baby Syndrome”
- Rethinking Shaken Baby Syndrome by Joseph Shapiro
- Shaken Baby Syndrome, Abusive Head Trauma, and Actual Innocence: Getting it Right by Keith A. Findley, Patrick D. Barnes, David A, Moran, and Waney Squier
- Shaken Baby Syndrome: Perspectives on a Controversial Diagnosis by Medill Justice Project
- Posts about SBS from the Wrongful Convictions blog
The Sex Offender: Rational and Irrational Approaches
- Collateral Consequences
- Perverted Justice by Jacob Sullum for Reason magazine
- No Easy Answers: Sex Offender Laws in the US. Report from Human Rights Watch.
- “Towards More Effective Sex Offense Legislation,” By National Center on Institutions and Alternatives, Inc
- Growing Media and Legal Attention to Sex Offenders: More Safety or More Injustice?, by Emily Horowitz.
- Why Queers Should Care About Sex Offenders by Andrew Extein
- Efficacy of Sex Offender Treatment Still Up in the Air by Karen Franklin
Legal and Scientific Approaches
- Obtaining the Documents Needed for your Defense
- Actual Innocence after Friedman v. Rehal: The Second Circuit Pursues a New Mechanism for Seeking Justice in Actual Innocence Cases,
- How Faulty Science Lands Innocent People Behind Bars as Accused Child Murderers
- Child Sexual Abuse Investigations: Lessons Learned. Debbie Nathan, Dr. James Wood, and OTHER AUTHORS.
- State of Michigan Protocol for Proper Forensic Interviewing of Children Alleged to Have Been Sexually Abused. Developed by Dr. Debra Poole. PDF Format.
- Suggestibility, reliability, and the legal process
. An excellent article by attorney Robert Rosenthal.
- The Government Accounting Office Report on the Cycle-of-Abuse Theory
- Why Interrogation Contamination Occurs, Richard Leo